viernes, 18 de diciembre de 2009

past activities handout

Put the verbs into the correct tense (simple past or past progressive).
1. When I (do) __________ the washing-up, I (broke) __________ a plate.
2. While Tom (play) ___________ the piano, his mother (did) ______________ the washing-up.
3. He (drink) _____________ some juice and then he (eat) _____________ a few chips.
4. I (have) ___________ dinner when I suddenly (hear) ________________ a loud bang.
5. When my father (work) _____________ in the garden, an old friend (past) ____________ by to see him.
6. She (go) ___________ to school, (take) _____________ out her textbook and (begin) ___________ to learn.
7. When it (start) _____________ to rain, our dog (want) _____________ to come inside.
8. When Jane (do) ____________ a language course in Ireland, she (visit) _______________ Blarney Castle.
9. When I (be) ______________ on my way home, I (see) ________________ an accident.
10. I (not/understand) _______________ what they (talk) __________________ about.
11. When I (get) ______________ up yesterday, the sun (shine) __________________
12. It (be) ______________ a beautiful morning. So I (decide) _______________ to cycle around a little.
13. After one hour of cycling in sunshine, a big fat raincloud suddenly (appear) _________________ and it (start) ________________ to rain.
14. Luckily, a farmer (notice) ________________ me and (tell) ________________ me to come in.
15. While it (rain) _______________ outside, I (sit) _________________ in the farmer's house.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario